Sunday, November 28, 2010

BARAKA

The movie Baraka used time lapse photography to capture the different ways of life of people and places all over the world. Baraka was shot in 24 countries and over 150 locations. Some locations frequently used were mountains, factories, ancient ruins, religious practices, cities, etc. There was no dialogue, only some music and different voices of the subjects captured. Even though there was no one narrating what was happening in the movie, one could easily depict the stories that were being told. The movie showed many aspects of life and the several different traditions and cultures that make every country unique.

At first, I was a little skeptical about this movie because there was no dialogue and I had never heard about it before. However, after a few minutes, it proved to be very interesting and I enjoyed it. I liked the part shot in the big city following the hundreds of taxi’s down the long street. I also enjoyed the terra cotta warrior’s scene, because I find them fascinating because there purpose and much of their history is still a complete mystery. Overall, I appreciated the time spent watching this movie in class and would recommend it for next year’s class.

No comments:

Post a Comment